Fannie M Heath Cultural Club

Fannie M. Heath Cultural Club

Founded October 1968

Colors: Green & Yellow  |   Flower: Yellow Carnation |  Motto: Together We Stand; Divided We Fall

Officers

Lois Bradden, President
Betty Cooper, Vice President/Trustee
Golder Moore, Treasurer
Carol Mebane,  Secretary
Gloria Spradley-Wadkins, Financial Secretary
Dr. Elizabeth Branch, Chaplain
Ruby McEwing, Parliamentarian [Charter Member]
Melzora Webster, Historian [Charter Member]

 

Our History

The Club was organized in October 1968, by Mrs. Fannie Mae Heath when she was President of the Fort Worth Association of Federated Women's Clubs.  The first meeting was held at the Federated Club home at 1051 Evans Avenue by Mrs. Heath, Mrs. C.C. Brown, Mrs. L.G. Houston and Mrs. Lula Johnson.  The ten charter members were Margaret Duffy, Bonnie Hall, Beverly Hawkins, Georgia Howard, Mary Hudson, Esterline Jenkins, Ruby McEwing, Latrell Shaw, Melzora Webster and Marilyn Miles (the clubs' first president). Historically, club members have taken active roles in leadership positions in the Federation at many levels.  Eleanor Jones, our president at the local level, served as State President and as Regional 2nd Vice President. Kay Bell, served as 3rd Vice President and District Musician.  Kay Bell and Gwendolyn R. White, organized other federated clubs as well - the M. B. Kavanaugh Cultural Club and the Eleanor H. Jones Cultural and Literary Club. Both were recognized at the State Convention for their efforts.

Our Programs & Activities

Scholarships and College Readiness workshops for African American Boys
Weekly Deliveries of Meals on Wheels
Donations to YMCA
Support for the Young Women's Prom Dress & Scholarship Programs
Support for the Senior Citizen Monthly Activities
 
  • Annual Prayer Breakfast - January
  • Baby Contest - TBD
  • Fashion and Hat Show - TBD